Employment Opportunities - Boys & Girls Clubs of Hamilton
Van Driver/Youth Development Professional
Position available at 958 East Avenue, Hamilton 45011
Hours: Monday-Friday approximately 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Pay Rate: $12.00-$15.00/hour depending on experience
The mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Hamilton is to empower all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring and responsible individuals. The Boys & Girls Club of Hamilton provides a safe and nurturing environment for children in kindergarten through 6th grade to learn and grow. We offer programs and services in five core areas: character and leadership; education and career development; health and life skills; the arts; and sports, fitness and recreation.
A Youth Development Professional (YDP) runs daily programs which align with the core areas of BGCH and BGCA (Boys & Girls Clubs of America), while supervising youth and implementing our 5 key elements:
- Supportive Relationships
- Opportunities & Expectations
- Safe, Positive Environment
- Drive van to pick up members from Riverview and Fairwood Elementary schools to bring to East Avenue Club.
- Drive van to take members home.
- Supervise youth in all program areas; ensuring their safety, while instilling positive values and ethical behavior through quality programs.
- Ensure that youth are encouraged to participate in a variety of program areas/activities, and that they receive guidance and constructive feedback to develop skills in those program area(s).
- Manage a healthy, safe and clean environment, ensuring facilities, equipment and supplies are maintained. YDPs must dust mop, wet mop, wipe down all surfaces and computers in their areas. YDPs must keep rooms clean and in working order throughout the day.
- Establish positive relationships with youth, their parents and/or guardians, and fellow staff members.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
Experience working with youth & knowledge of youth development programs
Must have a clean driving record
Ability to be on your feet, active and engaged with youth
Ability to motivate youth, and manage behavior problems in a positive manner
Ability to organize and supervise youth in a safe environment
Good communication skills
CPR and First Aid certification preferred
Doug Ware, Unit Director
This template controls the elements:
FOOTER: Footer Title, Footer Descriptions
CUSTOM MENU: Images and columns into header main menu submenu items
* This message is only visible in administrative mode